So it took me a little longer than a few days to get my fantastically marvy lists going. Dying from anticipation? I’m here to bring you back to life. May I present my 1st list: the things that are ORDINARY about me and my life.
- I’m a stay at home mom with 2 wonderful kids.
- No matter how little a desire I have to do so, I do laundry, vacuum, scrub toilets, wipe down counters, etc.
- I dream about the future and what I hope my life will bring.
- I argue with my husband.
- I yell at my kids.
- My life hasn’t turned out exactly the way I thought it would.
- I have days when I’m edgy, irritable, cranky, and no one in their right mind would get in my way.
- I have days when I’m giggly, happy, easy going, and smiling all day.
- I have regrets about things I have done and things I haven’t done.
- Even though I love them more than anything, my husband and kids have a knack for driving me bonkers at times.
- I have bad habits that I would like to break.
- I have a hard time listing my good habits but I know they’re there.
- I get lonely.
- I miss people.
- I break resolutions and promises I make to myself.
- I’m totally unique and not like anyone else…funny how that’s an attribute everyone has.
- I went through a seriously gawky phase in my younger years.
- I can be at my absolute best but still have no problem finding and naming my faults.
- I procrastinate at times and always end up wishing I hadn’t.
- I feel good when I accomplish something.
- I’m a night owl who dreads getting up early in the morning.
- When I do get up early, I feel a lot better about myself.
- I get frustrated or angry with myself when I fall short of what I know I can do.
- I fear some things that others don’t and I’m unafraid of things that might scare them.
- My family loves me in spite of my shortcomings and I love them with each one of theirs.
Next up, list number 2...
2 comments:
WOW Suz. You're laying it all out there, I don't think you give yourself enough credit, but it's so true that your worst critic is always you. I don't think that's a bad thing all the time, when it motivates us to keep refining ourselves. I share quite a few of your bullet points here. Ordinary is such a big part of life!
Suzie, it's a good thing that I don't have any shortcomings! In fact, I'd say one of my best qualities is my humility. ;) I think all of us feel every single thing on your list...at least us mom's do. You are one of my favorite people ever!
Post a Comment