Friday, May 22, 2009

HUDSON'S GRADUATION

This morning Max, Claire, and I went to Hudson's big preschool graduation. I know...he's really moving up in the world. Hudson was SO stinking excited and with good reason: he was the only kid with a solo part in the program. He led us all in the Pledge of Allegiance.



After Hudson's big turn in the spotlight, the whole class recited a few Shell Silverstein poems, did their sign language ABC's, and sang a few songs. When they had finished the little program, each child was called up and given a diploma and had a red graduation cap placed on their head.


Hudson did his best to keep the cap on his head but between his "monster hair" and the size of the cap itself, it wouldn't stay on very well.

When the ceremony was done and we'd eaten some refreshments (TOTALLY good, by the way...fresh strawberries, chocolate drizzled Rice Krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, and made-from-scratch brownies), Hudson's day was made even more awesome by a play date invitation from one of his little friends, Anne Marie.

He got to go straight home with AM where the plan was to eat lunch (I admire her mom for taking on this task after all those goodies) and then play to their hearts' content. Before they even left, Hudson was already asking if we can have AM to play next week. Such excitement!

Speaking of AM: a few weeks ago, Hudson said that all of his friends from preschool would be going to Kindergarten with him next year. When I told him that they'd actually all be attending other schools, he thought for a second and said, "But Anne Marie and I will be friends forever."

Now we'll just have to see if we can top his big day off with a trip to see the new Night At The Museum movie this afternoon. Max is trying to make things work at the office so he get break away. Here's hoping...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congratulations Huds! You'll have to show me the sign language abc's. I'm proud of you, and jealous you get to go see Night at the Museum! I hope to see you soon.