Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'M THANKFUL FOR... PART I

'Tis the season to be thankful and I most certainly am just that. I have so much to be grateful for and if I were to make a single list, it would be so long that when you finished reading it, it would be Christmas. Now we can't have that, can we? So instead of doing one obnoxiously long list, I'm going to treat you to a number of shorter lists of things I'm thankful for. Lucky you.

THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR
(PART I)
  • My own little family consisting of a loving husband and two amazing children.
  • The privilege and opportunity I have of being a mother.
  • The family I grew up with...incredible parents and awesome siblings.
  • Nieces and nephews on both sides. I have some that are really little, some that are fairly close to my age, and some in between. It's fun to them so spread out in age.
  • Many uncles, aunts, and cousins. My extended family rocks!
  • Having known all four of my grandparents. Some people (including my own husband) don't ever get to know their grandparents and I am blessed to have memories of all of mine.
  • Good friends...whether we see each other often or once in a blue moon, I am so glad to know that I have them!
  • My husband's business, his hard work, and how they have supported our family for 10 years.
  • Modern day transportation (cars, planes, etc.).
  • Speaking of cars...my Expedition!
  • Good old fashioned cards or letters in the mail. Nothing better to break up the monotony of bills and credit card offers!
  • The AMEX Sky Miles program.
  • Our Cal King bed. Don't get me wrong...I love my husband and all. But seriously, give me my space!
  • Wonderful physicians who take great care of me.
  • Non-stick pans and bake ware.
  • Good music. I'm not super picky when it comes to the style of music - I just love listening to it when I'm working around the house or driving around town.
  • Discount stores like TJ Maxx...I could roam the aisles for hours!
  • Tumors that don't grow.
  • My hair dryer and flat iron. What would a curly-haired girl do without them?
  • The fact that our city decided to get with the program and finally started offering curbside recycling last year. It drove me nuts to throw recyclables away.
  • My car's DVD player. It has saved me from going insane on many occasions!
  • Other peeps' blogs. I can't tell you how much I enjoy keeping up with what's going on in both old and new friends' lives.
  • Know what else isn't too shabby? Facebook.
  • Our hot water heater.
  • My three favorite holidays - Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. (I'm growing fonder of Halloween but it's not up there quite yet.)
  • Today's amazing medical technology. I may hate MRI's and surgeries but without them, my life would be so different. And not in a good way.
  • Japanese maple trees.
  • Leather boots.
  • Modern day communication - phones, cell phones, e-mail - all wonderful ways for me to keep in touch with family and friends.
  • Our family's zoo membership/pass.
  • The different seasons. Even though I enjoy griping about summer and winter, I don't think I'd have such a love for spring and fall without them!
  • Spill-proof sippy cups.
  • Christmas cards and letters...like blogs and Facebook, they allow me a peek into friends and loved ones' lives.
  • My good ear.
  • Air conditioning...in our house, in our cars, etc. Don't know how anyone ever lived without it!
  • BBC's Pride & Prejudice. You didn't really think I'd leave it off my list, did you?
Another list will follow soon...

1 comment:

Erin said...

I think everyone should do a list like this. There is a lot to be thankful for! You forgot to mention amazing sister-in-laws. And I don't think we could have stayed friends if Pride and Prejudice wasn't on the list!

That is one of my favorite things about you, you always find the positive in things!