Wednesday, November 11, 2009

RANDOM TIDBITS FROM TODAY...

The first two things I'm going to blabber on about today have to do with my all-time fave chore: LAUNDRY.

First. As of this morning, I had three hampers full of clean clothes (approximately 5-6 loads)sitting in my laundry room. They had been sitting there for 2 or 3 days. Calling my name. Staring at me every time I glanced in their direction. Begging me to fold them and put them away. But you know what I did for those 2 or 3 days? I left them sitting there. And it wasn't like I just didn't remember. I actually put forth effort in doing so. Avoided them like the plague. Kept telling myself, "I'll do it later." And then I didn't. But this morning, the state of my laundry room (and kitchen) finally got to me. I pulled those baskets of clean clothes and towels out and folded every last piece. Want to know how long it took me? All of about 15 or 20 minutes...if that. How lame am I? I spent a few days mulling over the fact that I wasn't doing the laundry. I probably spent over an hour thinking about how I should have been taking care of it. I need someone to remind me of that next time I consider putting it off.

Next laundry issue actually came up yesterday but I dealt with it today. Here's the deal: I have a 2-year old. This isn't an issue in and of itself but how her clothes end up as dirty as they do is a true mystery to me. When I went to pull an outfit out of her closet yesterday, I discovered that a few of Claire's shirts had obvious grease or oil stains on them. And they had already been laundered. This poses two questions. 1) How did I miss the stains the first time around? 2) When did my daughter roll around in a tub of Crisco? I mean, these stains were all over the place! End of story goes as follows: I pulled her hamper out of her room today and washed everything except for the tops with the grease-stains (which are sitting on the counter overnight being obliterated by a stain remover). But I know in a week or two, I'll discover another shirt or six with unnoticed stains on them. Maybe I should just put a raincoat on over her cute clothes every day.

Last thing...a couple of hours ago, I was up in the kitchen making a quick pizza sauce to set in the fridge. No biggie. I made the sauce, poured it into a jar, put the jar in the fridge, cleaned the pieces to my little mini-food processor, and wiped the counter down. I then did what any other person would do: I walked over to the fridge, opened it, and started to put the mini-processor on one of the shelves. Just before I actually set it down, I realized my lapse in intelligence and took it to its rightful home in one of my cupboards. Please tell me that you've done things like that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL THE TIME. When the girls are helping me with dishes, Em will even comment. Mom the milk doesn't go in the cupboard or the knife doesn't go in the pantry. Ya she is 3 and already one step ahead of her mom. Don't we have ALL been there. I don't believe this post about C's clothes either. She is always spic and span when I see her.

VK said...

I have a little children's book called "Silly Mother." Probably written in the 50's given the illustrations, but this mother has two little children and gets things mixed up all the time. The Daddy tells the little boy to try to beat Mom to the chores so they don't get all mixed up. So he puts his toys away so they don't end up in the fridge, puts the baby's bottle in the fridge instead of the toy closet etc. Suddenly Mom has enough time to bake a cake for dinner. Pretty cute.

Natalie said...

The chore I put off all the time is the sink full of dishes. And it takes me 10 minutes TOPS everytime. Weird, I know.

I always throw laundry the garbage and vice versa when my brain shorts out. LOL