Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homework With A Kindergartner

One of the homework assignments that Hudson often has to do requires him to say words that start with certain letters. Instead of just having him say a few words, I also have him write the words (often with me helping him to spell them). Last week, the letters given were A, I, D, X, and Z. He had a hard time coming up with words that start with X and Z (who doesn't have a hard time with the letter X?!) but didn't hesitate in spitting out words for the first three...

A: apple, airplane, appetizer
I: insect, IKEA (he loves those meatballs!), ice cream
D: dolphin, duration, doghouse

Seriously...appetizer and duration? I couldn't help but laugh. And he didn't understand what was so funny. Maybe he should write those words when he's practicing his footwriting.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm amazed at the words they understand at such a young age. Hudson is a smart boy!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to "like" your blog post.....

He is so smart and funny! Love it!

Natalie said...

Very creative! I'd take that as a sign that you and Max have awesome at-home vocabulary!!

The King Family said...

OK smartypants! With the 'appetizer' word choice, you can definitely tell he is your boy Suzie! Too cute- love the 'footwork' too!