I'm just a touch behind on blogging. No promises this time on how much I'm going to post and when. I'm just going to start with this one and hope I can keep up a bit better...'
Back on January 5th, Hudson came to me in the morning saying that his loosest tooth (he had 4 working on coming out at the time) was hurting. When I looked in his mouth, I saw a most lovely scene. His cute little baby tooth was being pushed up by the new incoming tooth. It was raised above the other teeth a bit and every time he closed his teeth or took a bite of something, that baby tooth was taking the brunt of everything. Max took a look as well and we both told Hudson that it was time for the little sucker to come out. He wasn't too happy about this so I gave him a choice:
a) I would hold him while Max pulled the tooth out
b) Max would hold him while I pulled the tooth out
I was surprised when he picked option a but we quickly switched to option b when Max couldn't get a hold on the tooth. Max laid Huds back on his lap, I gently wiped the tooth dry with a tissue (Puffs with lotion, actually), gave one gentle pull, and the tooth was out. He was surprised that it was over and within a few minutes, he was commenting that it didn't hurt as much as before. We got the job done just in time for me to drive him to the bus stop, tissue in his mouth and all.
That afternoon, when Hudson climbed off the bus, he wanted to walk home - as usual. I let him do so and followed along slowly in the car - as usual. Just after turning onto our street, he saw that some neighbors were out in front of their houses talking. He wanted to go and show them that he'd lost a tooth and took off running...right on the icy/snowy sidewalk. Not such a brilliant idea. Within a few strides, he slipped and fell on his face. Literally. He immediately started crying and upon picking him up, I discovered he had a bloody lip (in two places), a scratched up face, and a little raspberry on his forehead. He wasn't much in the mood for showing off the gap in his grill at that point so we went straight home where we got him cleaned up and being a devoted mom, I grabbed the camera (I told him it was for chronicling the missing tooth):
Now, this shot doesn't do it justice but at the same time, his little accident is absolutely NOTHING compared to what happened to the boys of a couple of people I know (so sorry, Anne & Emily...your boys' pictures make me cringe!). But it was quite pretty with his skin all pink/red and all scratched up like he got in a fight with a sheet of sandpaper. At one point, I was on the phone with Max telling him about Hudson's spill and I couldn't help but start giggling about the whole thing. Bad mommy, I know.
2 comments:
I loved this post, it mad me laugh. Poor Hudson...Tell him he can come over and brag about his teeth anytime he wants. (call first to make sure I am home).
Tough Kid!
Great job on the tooth Huds! At least he didn't need stitches.
Post a Comment