I was going through the post-tornado territory that I call my office/craft room the other day, trying to get it cleaned up (again) and found a pretty notebook that I hadn't seen in ages. For a few years, I wrote in it during church conferences, taking notes and writing down the things that impressed me most. Unfortunately, I haven't written a thing in it since September 2000. Fortunately, there's a lot of good stuff in there. I'm glad to have found it and for the chance to flip through it again. One of the best things I discovered in it was the following, written along the binding inside the front cover:
"Many things catch your eye, but few catch your heart. Pursue those."
I don't know why I like this quote so much. Perhaps it reminds me that I need to focus on the right things in life and not waste so much time on things that really don't matter.
2 comments:
What a great thought, but not as great as you ;)
I love this quote. Never heard it before now, thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment