Friday, February 12, 2010

Indiana Jones + Mary Poppins

I forgot to mention another little story from my day at Disneyland with the kids. No overflowing diapers or purchasing of extra clothing involved here. Just a tidbit about my cute boy...

As we walked down Main Street USA on the way to the car on Wednesday night, we spotted Mary Poppins and Bert doing a little show. We pointed them out to the kids and kept on going, not thinking anything of it.

Thursday morning, as the kids and I passed that spot where we'd seen Mary Poppins the night before, Hudson said, "Mom, if we see Mary Poppins again today, can we meet her?" I was kind of surprised but told him that'd be just fine. A short while later, we had just finished lunch and as we walked by the big castle, there was the lady herself. Mary Poppins had a short line of children waiting to meet her and have pictures taken with her. I told Hudson and he froze up. Waving his hand at me he said, "No, not right now. I'm okay." I was surprised but told him we'd probably have the chance again later and he indicated that he'd want to see her then.

We went on with our day. At one point, we stopped in the Indiana Jones store where we picked up a very nice hat for Hudson - just like Indy's. As we left the store, I watched him place it on his head and realized that I had dressed him in matching attire...khaki cargo pants and a brown polo shirt. It looked like I had it planned and I'm sure that if anyone in the park that day payed his outfit any notice, they probably thought that I had picked out those clothes on purpose.

Fast forward to the late afternoon. The two of us were walking through Fantasyland on our way to meet up with Max's brother, his family, and Claire. As we scooted along, there was a sudden voice from behind, calling out in a nice British accent: "Well hello, Indiana Jones!" It was Mary Poppins, her eyes looking directly down at Hudson's face. He was obviously star-struck and didn't make a peep when he realized it was her. I commented to him that it was SO cool that she talked to him and asked him if he wanted to meet her really fast. The answer was again a bashful, "No."

Later on, as I related the story to Max, Hudson fessed up. He said that he really wanted to meet her but when he saw her, he was kind of shy.


+


=

Guess my boy has a thing for British nannies...or at least for Mary Poppins.

1 comment:

the hills said...

i love reading your blog, you're so positive about everything. oh & am OBSESSED with your kid's names!!! like more than anything! & i am one crazy name snob! LOVE THEM! anyway i just wanted to say hi & that i have a lady crush on mary poppins as well as the more appropriate indy crush. perfect couple if you ask me. :)