I've been way behind on posting the past week or so and I realized today that there isn't much time left for my Thankful Lists before the holiday hits this week. My list today is filled with some of the intangibles in my life.
I'M THANKFUL FOR...(PART IV)
- A husband who works and provides for us so that I can stay home with the kids.
- When Hudson says, "I love you, Claire." He says it on his own and so sincerely...melts my heart every time!
- Claire's thumb-sucking habit. I know it can cause problems or be difficult to break down the line but it's just so stinking cute!
- My "job" as a mom.
- That both of my kids love to hug and cuddle/snuggle.
- The days that my kids have a really hard time or I don't cope as well as I should. They make me realize how great I have it!
- The end of each evening when I really relax as I climb in bed and read before going to sleep.
- Seeing my husband interact with his daughter. Before Claire was born, Max said he'd never have a "Daddy's girl". He is gladly proven wrong on a daily basis.
- Nights when both of my kids sleep through and/or don't get up until after 7:00 in the morning.
- When either of my kids comes to me and completely unprompted tells me that they love me.
- The way Claire squeals, "Mommy!" and comes running to me with her arms out when she hasn't seen me for a little bit. It can be a quick trip to the market or a half-day away but t's the same every time.
- That my husband not only takes care of the yard but loves doing it. He's a perfectionist when it comes to that and I get to benefit from it!
- When Claire shouts out, "Great job, Huds!" when he's playing a game on the Wii.
- The knowledge that both my children and my husband love me in spite of my many faults and the times that I let them down.
- Hearing my kids call out, "Daddy! Daddy!" or "Daddy's home!" when Max's car pulls into the garage each day.
- Seeing my children becoming good friends...they've really started to enjoy playing together recently.
- The rare occasion that I get to take a little nap.
- The "mommy" phase that Hudson is going through. I think it may be due to his being sick lately but he has asked for "mommy time" almost every evening and wants to fall asleep with me next to him.
- Claire's fake or over-exaggerated laugh...the best way that I can describe it is to say it sounds like some sort of a parrot-monkey. I smile every time I hear it.
- The opportunity I have to take care of and spend time with my two amazing children each day.
- The realization of how much my parents love me and how much they have done and continue to do for me...something that no one fully understands unless or until they have children of their own.
I'll try to get one more "thankful" list posted before the big day on Thursday...
2 comments:
It's true that family is what it is all about! Great list. We're so excited to see you guys on Thursday.
Love this list! So great, and I love that you appreciate your kids so much....they are really amazing and bring so much joy don't they?
Post a Comment