For those of you who plan to follow my blog, I've made a list of some things you'll need to know:
- I'm trying to make this an ultra safe blog.
- This is an invite-only blog.
- If you know someone who wants to read my blog, you can drop me an e-mail with their name and e-mail address or have them drop me an e-mail so I can invite them.
- I won't be posting the real names - full or partial - of myself, my husband, or my kids.
- My daughter's name will be Super Girl.
- My son's name will be Sonny.
- My husband's name will be Husband (brilliantly original - I know).
- I'm going to try to avoid using the real names of any friends or extended family as well so if you have a preference on what I call you, please let me know sooner than later or you might get an awesome name like Daisy or Bertram.
- If you place comments on my blog, please don't use the names of my family members or give up any other personal information about us (i.e. address, last name, general whereabouts, birthdays, etc.).
I know this may all sound a wee bit paranoid but we saw a special on the local news a while back about blogging. Even with the invite-only deal that I'm doing, no-so-nice people can still do their darndest to find out who bloggers are, who their families are, where they live, etc. I'm keeping my account information as limited as possible but in today's world, there are just too many creeps out there and I'm just trying to protect my family.
I know that some of you are in the same boat with me. Thanks for understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment