Everyone at our house was or is sick...
Last Saturday our little Super Girl was diagnosed with croup and double ear infections. On Monday, Sonny got pink eye. Then on Wednesday morning, he was diagnosed with an ear infection and a sinus infection. That afternoon, I was diagnosed with sinus infections on both sides, bronchitis, and an un-official strep infection (didn't do a culture since I was already going on antibiotics). On Friday I got pink eye. And Husband has now come down with a nasty cold, cough, and sore throat and I'm really hoping it doesn't get any worse for him.
In case you're wondering, this is NOT a pity party. We're getting better for the most part and there is actually a point to my writing about all of this.
All week long, we'd been praying that we would all be blessed to get over our respective illnesses. On Friday night, as Sonny was saying his prayers, he got his wording a little bit mixed up and said:
"Please bless (Super Girl) to get over herself."
Husband and I both opened our eyes and glanced at each other, trying very hard not to burst out laughing. We know what he meant and he knows what he meant, but it really didn't come out quite right, now did it?
'Tis the season to catch a cold, or the flu, or a virus. Or whatever else is out there, waiting to attack you. Always just when you think you've escaped it and aren't paying attention. And so, my wish for those of you who are in the old sick boat right now:
I hope you get over yourself.
6 comments:
I'm glad you finally decided to join me in the blogging world. I love what Sonny said. And I think there's more to it...we should all take a minute to get over ourselves (whether sick or not). Oh, and thecutestblogontheblock.com is back up and running if you want to check it out!
That is the BEST resolution I've hear all year. GET OVER YOURSELF! :)
Maybe we should hold off a week or two for our dinner party since you're all sick. I'm not crazy about any of the germs you mentioned....We're all healthy right now...KNOCK KNOCK (yeah, that's ME knocking on wood). Get over yourselves soon!
Yea! Another blog for me to read! And it's about time you all got over yourselves. It's been going on long enough!
Wow! I can't imagine. I hope you all get better. That is so funny about the prayer!
Thanks for inviting me, BTW!
p.s. word verification: nonap...I guess after all that sickness, you didn't get a nap, huh?!
I am excited to be a part of this whole blogging world. You will have to let me know more about it. I love Sonny! That's awesome...
My little monkey likes to bless all her dolls or at least one of her toys every night. Its great what their little minds come up with.
Luv, The Yams (now that's original)
I love that kid! He is so funny. I hope you all feel better soon!
Post a Comment