Monday, January 19, 2009

NOT ANYMORE

On Friday or Saturday (don't ask me to be sure of which), we all piled into my car to run an errand or two. Claire was feeling especially vocal and let out a couple of good yells.

Hudson turned to her and said, "We don't yell."

To which I responded, "Yes. You don't yell at all."

His immediate rebuttal was: "Not anymore."

I guess that in his book, "within the past 15 minutes" actually qualifies as "not anymore". That being the case, here are just a few things I don't do anymore:

  • get irritable or cranky
  • eat chocolate, sugar, or carbohydrates
  • yell
  • change messy diapers
  • talk on the phone for long periods of time
  • get upset with my kids
  • think negative thoughts
  • snack unnecessarily
  • drink carbonated beverages
  • sit and blog when I should be cleaning or something (oops...already broken)
However, just like Hudson went back on his word of not yelling anymore within a couple of hours, I will undoubtedly do the same on each of the listed items within a couple of days (unfortunately sooner on some of them). And then, once again, I will not do any of them anymore.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hmmmm... I think I like this philosophy!