I could have (and probably should have) done this post a few days ago but I'm just not that good...
Last Thursday, I took the kids to get haircuts at a cute little place in town called Cookie Cutters. I had never been in before and I'm so glad that we've officially discovered it now. They have a small play structure with a slide, DVD players at all the cutting stations, and little cars and planes that the kids can sit in while getting their haircuts. The kids had a blast playing on the stairs and slide while we waited. Hudson enjoyed helping Claire get in the right position to go down the slide and happily went down with her in his lap a few times. Eventually, Claire got the hang of things and would go down on her own (after Hudson positioned her) and later, she mastered going down entirely by herself (backwards on her tummy).

Anyway, back to the haircuts. Hudson opted to be first and was thrilled to sit in a little police car and watch a DVD of "Go Diego, Go!" while getting the shaggy mess on top of his head cleaned up. I'm pretty sure he hadn't had his hair cut since just before Thanksgiving. How did I get away with THAT, you ask? It's called super fine, straight hair in a nice, light, strawberry blond color. We've gotten away with worse before.

Hudson pre-cut. Oooh...nice leopard print!
After Hudson's cut came CLAIRE'S FIRST HAIRCUT. I don't know why I waited so stinkin' long to go and get it done. I wasn't waiting for a certain age or length or anything of the sort. Just busy (aka lazy), I guess. She'd been sporting a beautiful multi-layered with bangs-in-the-eyes look for quite sometime. Well, no more. I was surprised at how well she did throughout the cut. We put in a Baby Einsteins DVD for her and she was pretty patient until the last couple of minutes. The gal gave her a nice, straight cut across the back of the neck with a couple of layers to bring out her curl. It looks SO much better. Goodbye, girly mullet!!
Claire pre-cut (this picture really doesn't do her horrible "style" justice).
Getting styled.
The new look...MUCH better!
4 comments:
I've heard of cookie cutters, but haven't been there. I'm trying to let the last disasterous round of hair cuts grow out before we try agian.
I can't believe how cute Clare is! Seriously!!
Cute! Maybe I should take Katie... she'd have to be asleep though!
Claire looks so posh in that leopard drape! Little diva! I love it.
Love that place! I usually cut Gunnar's hair (along with everyone elses in the house, except my own). I took him there last year though to see if they could do better with his thick-unruly-cowlick-ridden hair. He had a blast, but it turns out I'm almost as good as they are at cutting hair, so I pay myself instead of a salon. :) It's a nice place for kids who have a hard time sitting still for a cut!
Post a Comment