Thursday, January 22, 2009

YUCKY AND ICK

The air outside in our area is totally disgusting these days. Most people here call it inversion, I grew up calling it smog. One could call it air pollution. Regardless of what you want to call it, it's plain old nasty. Where our house sits, we were above it for a while but not anymore. When we get up in the morning, the little canyon we live just outside of is nice and clear but within a couple of hours, it's like smog soup all around. Looks like you could take a spoon and get yourself a heaping serving of it right out of the middle.

Today as we were driving into Salt Lake for doctor's appointments for the kids, I said to Hudson in the back seat, "Look at that thick, barfy air outside. Can you see that?"

His response was, "Yeah. It smells yucky and ick."

While I hadn't said anything about the way it smelled and I don't think one can really smell the smog, all I could think to say back was, "You're right. It is yucky and ick." And it really is just that.

2 comments:

The Swains said...

We hate the Smog!! And we are so tired of staying in doors! Its very Yucky and ick!

Anonymous said...

This air sucks! And to think it mixed with the rain condenced on power conductors and caused outages! GROSS!
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your site and making me (all your visitors) apart of your daily life! I appreciate you!