Sunday, March 15, 2009

COCHLEAR NERVE TEST RESULTS

I only have a second to write...it's time to Claire to go to bed and she's sleeping in the computer room so I've got to hurry.

The results were not what we were hoping for. My cochlear nerve on the left side is essentially dead so no implant for me. Bummed? Yeah. But it's just the way things are and I'm grateful to have good hearing in my right ear. Here's hoping for a better future on that side.

And by the way, the test was indeed un-awesome. I'll write more on that when I have the chance.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I like your new word, "un-awesome." It is so appropriate! I'm glad the test is over, even though the results were un-awesome. (I can use it, too!)

The King Family said...

Sorry the news wasn't what you had hoped for, but thank goodness the rest of you has recovered well from the trials of the past year! Love ya!

Sher said...

So, do you have no hearing in that ear? I know someone else who just had a brain tumor removed and has had hearing problems.
I don't think she'll mind if I give your here address:
http://williamandjanell.blogspot.com/

You can read her story. She's a neat lady!

Natalie said...

BUMMER! I'm sorry the test was lame and the results were lameR. I hope you had some fun on your trip outside of the Dr's office though. Missed ya!