Friday, March 27, 2009

TRAVELING HOME

I have a couple of "Hudsonisms" for your enjoyment (a couple of you may have heard these so sorry for the repeat). All three of these little stories occurred within about 4 hours on the day we traveled home.

WHAT COLOR ARE YOU?

My parents are super awesome. They took time out of their day last week to help us get to the airport without having to drag the whole family and our luggage to the car rental return and then on a shuttle to the terminal. Max took off in the rental a while before we did, going to get the car returned and then to meet up with us at Sky Cap. Anyway...

The kids, my parents, and I were all piled in my Dad's car with the luggage in the back. Nearing the airport, the conversation went something like this:

Hudson: "What is that smell?"

Grandma: "I don't know. What's that smell?"

Hudson: "Excuse me."

Me: "What?"

Hudson: "I tooted."

Me: "So you're that smell."

Loud laughter all around. Hudson is positively hysterical.

Grandma: "Hudson, why are you turning red?"

Hudson: "Grandma, why are you turning green?"

I know that he just chose a random color to put into the question he was asking but it fit SO perfectly! We were all roaring, the three adults ending up in tears.

CHOCOLATE MILK (not so much a "Hudsonism"...just a story that falls in the middle)

Once in the terminal and through security (where Max ALWAYS gets the ultimate once-over for having an implant in his hip...my titanium implants are cooler - never set anything off!), Hudson and I headed over to the food court and picked up some Burger King for lunch. Back in the waiting area by the gate, we started to eat. A few minutes later, our "zone" was called so we picked everything up and got ready to go and board. Hudson wanted another drink of his chocolate milk and in spite of my telling him that I wanted him to wait until we were on the plane, he tipped his head back and took a big swig. Then, he managed to pull his mouth away from the bottle before getting the drink all the way upright again. Chocolate milk all over the front of his puffy corduroy vest, down the center of his striped white polo shirt, and in a nice little puddle on the floor. Totally un-awesome.

I gave my boy "the look", wiped him and the floor up with napkins and then boarded the plane. Once we were seated and waiting to taxi, I put Hudson's tray table down and arranged the remainder of his lunch on it. He went to take a drink and I said something like, "Now please be careful and don't spill, okay?" He responded with a promising, "I know, Mom. I won't." I think that by saying that, what he really meant was, "I won't be careful." Not two seconds later, he had additional chocolate milk dripping down his tummy and onto his pants. Super!

Upon cleaning him up again, I got to looking at my chocolate-dipped child. To the un-knowing eye, he looked like he'd tossed his cookies and that his parents had done a mediocre job of cleaning him up. Simply lovely.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

When we landed here, it was quite nice outside...somewhere in the high 60's. We got our luggage and headed to the upper level of the main parking garage where a friend of ours would be picking us up. We parked our bums on a bench and our bags next to us and waited. We quickly found out that while the high 60's would normally be quite pleasant, it isn't so fab when you're sitting in the shade and a cold breeze is whipping through the corridor you're sitting in.

Max was fine as he had a sweatshirt on, I was chilly but OK in 3/4 length sleeves, and Claire was also kosher in her long sleeved outfit. Hudson, on the other hand, had on an undershirt, and the aforementioned chocolate-milky short sleeved polo shirt, and a sleeveless vest. His torso had to have been warm but his little arms were exposed. He sat on the bench looking miserable and said, "I wish Jesus had made me of fur."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you how much I love Hudson! He's so hilarious! I want to see you guys soon!

The King Family said...

That is hysterical! I can't wait till my boys start talking!