Saturday, March 21, 2009

TEAM...WHAT THE?

Regardless of what team you are on: Edward, Cullen, La Push, etc., you are not going to believe what I am about to tell you. I can't even believe it myself...I just saw the movie Twilight tonight.

For the first time.

I kid you not. I LOVED the books and could hardly wait for the movie to come out. And then I didn't go to see it. Not on opening night. Not a week or a month or a few months later. I waited until it came out on DVD. And no, I didn't go to a late night release party or anything like that. Just decided to pick it up at the grocery store this afternoon. Weird, I know.

Totally enjoyed it (though they left out quite a bit) and am already looking forward to the 2nd movie coming out. Actually thinking of re-reading books one and two. But that's not the point. The point is simply this: I think I'm quite possibly the ONLY fan of Twilight who didn't go see the movie in the theaters.

Kind of embarrassing, really.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Suzie, we can still be friends! Books are always better than movies. Did you find yourself laughing in a few places? I kept thinking as I was laughing, "this really isn't a comedy." Like I said, books are better than movies. Not to say I won't own the DVD of Twilight!

Natalie said...

It's even better the 2nd and 3rd time. The 1st I was so distracted by the story line changes I couldn't just sit back and enjoy it. :) Oh, and I hated New Moon the 1st time reading it, but loved it the 2nd time....more perspective into the story helps you relax about WTH Edward is, and just enjoy the development of Jacob's character. I highly recommend the re-read.

Natalie said...

Oh, and the 3rd time I saw it late night with a good friend (who was there when I saw it the 1st time too..and we both saw it the 2nd time with our respective hubs) and we were laughing OUT LOUD at all the most inappropriate places... That was super fun!