Monday, March 23, 2009

SO VERY GRATEFUL

Some of you have just been salivating for one of my glorious lists, haven't you? Well, you're in luck because I'm feeling rather "listy" right now.

I know that Thanksgiving and that time of year is a ways off right now, but I'm feeling grateful for a few things in particular right now and thought I'd rattle them off...
  • A husband who watches chick flicks with me...and likes them.
  • Even though the results of my test in L.A. didn't turn out as I had hoped, I still have fantastic hearing in my right ear...as much as being partially deaf is totally un-awesome, I'll take what I can get.
  • Girly-friends who think like I do, get who I am, and love me for it.
  • Upon walking into and thereby breaking a plate-glass door at my cousin's place in California, Hudson walked away with nothing but a small scratch on a knuckle of his left hand.
  • The blessing of babies that will be coming into girlfriends' and loved ones' lives...there's nothing better.
  • My amazing parents and their willingness and generosity in watching Huds and Claire for 5 days so we could get away.
  • The wonderfully delicious light sage green Princess Cake that we picked up at Gayle's in Capitola on the way back to my parents' place at the end of our child-free trip. Double yum....no, triple yum.
  • A dear neighbor and friend who, after hearing about my test results, told me that if I do lose the hearing on the right side, she'll learn to sign so we can still talk.
  • Dole's creamy coconut Whole Fruit bars.
  • The amazing spring weather we've had the past few days and the time I've been able to spend outside with my family.
  • I'm coming up on my 1 year mark for my brain surgery in a few days and no one would ever guess it.
  • My 19-month-old has started telling us that she loves us completely on her own and without prompting...melts my heart every time.
I could make this list longer. Much longer. But those are the things that are standing out in my head right now. Besides, you're going to see some really long lists come November of this year.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

OH, you know how I love your listy-self. And I think I love your grateful-self even more. You amaze me! And you know, I would learn to sign too if that was the only way we could talk to each other. I <3 you!

BTW, Dole Creamy Coconut WF Bars are straight from heaven! I am grateful for them too!

Sher said...

I love your lists! Especially your grateful ones. I really should follow your example and make a grateful list of my own.

Hey, we should do lunch! It's been way too long.

katie j said...

hey cous! it was SOOOO fun to see you and so fun to have hudson - rachie misses him!! he LOVED our tramp - you need to get one for him - i meant to tell you that! it'll raise you quality of life so much! haha i love you and love your positive grateful heart. you are such an inspiration to me... i want to be more like you. love you tons!
k

Erin said...

What a good list! I miss Gayle's bakery. Can you believe I haven't been there in two years? Way too long.

And Suzie, I'd totally do sign language with you.