Claire has my curly hair. This is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because she'll go through life never having to use a curling iron and a curse because that mop has a mind of its own. I've been lazy about her locks for a long time. Most of the time, I just pull her bangs aside and stick a bow or clip in it. If she was really lucky, I'd pull it back into pig tails or some super easy style like that. But I'm trying to do better...I really am. The other day, I made my 1st attempt at a cute (or at least non-boring) hairdo. I made two little tight buns on the top of Claire's head with the rest of her hair falling straight down the back, flipping up at the bottom. I then took her to my neighbor for style approval when I was done. Pictures of her daughers would be in the Encyclopedia of Perfect Kids Hair if it exsisted so I figured she'd be a good judge. Now, unless she was lying to me, I actually succeeded in making my daughter's mop look like something a little less Medusa-ish. Hooray for me. But that's not the point of this post...
That night, when it was getting close to bedtime, I pulled the little buns out of their elastics and ran my fingers through Claire's hair. And then I started laughing.
It almost looked like two ginormous curly buns...almost.
"Mommy...am I going to look like this forever?" Don't worry, honey...it'll wash out.
And then I laughed some more. My daugher, the poodle. I'm thinking that if for no other reason than the good things that laughter does for one's soul, I just might do her whole head up in little buns one of these days.
2 comments:
Bahahaha!! Poodle, yes! Rebecca's hair is a much milder version when I put knots in, but Claire's looks like it's had 30 knots per square inch! I'm glad you took pics!
Um....I thought I already made a comment but it didn't appear. I LOVED C's hair. LOVED IT. I thought it looked so cute. btw THANKS for the nice things you said about me. I love doing hair. You rock....You're a Great Mom! Luv ya tons!
Post a Comment