Monday, October 26, 2009

A NEW NIECE/COUSIN

My baby bro's wife had a baby last Monday morning...a very cute little thing (I am not her mother and therefore, I am completely unbiased) named Hannah. Two days after she was born, the kids and I picked up my mom - aka Grandma aka Slave Labor - at the airport and took the drive down to their neck of the woods to drop her off. Hudson was beyond excited to meet his new cousin and for the first few minutes of the drive, Claire kept talking about her Aunt Erin, Tyler (Hannah's older brother), and "Tyler's baby Hannah". Due to the little munchkin only being a couple of days old, we lathered the kids in Purell, gave them each a sippy cup of bleach as we walked in the house, and then forbid them to breathe the entire time we were there. Hudson was hoping to hold Hannah but he's going to have to wait...2 days is just too young! But we still got a shot of him sitting next to his newest cousin and he was happy with that (and a promise that he'll get to hold her soon).


I love babies...and nieces and nephews are the best! Except for my own kids, of course.

3 comments:

browniemom said...

Oh....so cute! Of course the baby AND your kids. So exciting! Hope your kids survived the decontamination of their insides (what a good mom you are, not forgetting the most important part). Glad your band-aids are off, and your typing fingers are working.:)

Anonymous said...

Well, since you love babies so much, you can come over and visit a lot when Sidnie's born, and I'll come and visit you! Yeah! Your niece and Hudson are so cute!

Erin said...

We can't wait to see you again this afternoon. Tyler is going to be so excited for a few play mates!