As I've said before, I am a big fan of the changing colors in the fall. This past Saturday morning, we went out back and took several pictures - some of the kids, a few of the dog, and some of the trees in our yard. I was going to post them that evening but didn't get around to it. I'm actually glad I waited because when we got up Sunday morning, we were positively amazed to see the difference in color in some of the trees. Below are some of the pics we took on Saturday, Sunday, and this afternoon.
The 1st three shots are of 3 different Japanese Maples...each showing color from Saturday on the left and either Sunday or Monday's color on the right. It's incredible what a night or two can do!



In this next shot, the tree in the lower left corner was dark green on Saturday so I didn't bother taking a picture of it. Late Monday morning, it was entirely red as seen below:

This here is our pooch, Miles. He doesn't mind looking at the camera from a distance, but if you're trying to get an up-close shot of him, think again. "I'm facing you, but I'm not going to look at you."
Miles has never minded hopping up onto the trampoline and wandering around inside. But on Saturday, he opted for skipping the inside and wandered around the mat surrounding it. Seemed downright happy cruising around. "I'm still not looking at you, Mom.":
Then he stopped at a certain point, got comfy, and sat a while. "Mom, just knock it off! No? Fine...I'm closing my eyes this time." Poor Miles. He's such a good boy and we torture him with things like digital cameras. And children.
Saving the best for last, here are a few snaps of the kids. Not the best ever of Claire but she wasn't exactly dishing out the smiles when it came to solo shots that morning.
On the other hand, Hudson is always ready to give us a good fake smile (this one might actually be real...not quite sure).
Now here's a real smile from both kids. Only problem is they're not both facing the camera. Oh well - we tried.
And finally, a rare treat: my husband wanted to be in a photo and to have a picture taken of the two of them together. And they both smiled. And I got it with the 1st click.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love this time of year.
2 comments:
Aren't the colors just amazing! It's so incredible what the cold will do to the trees! Love all the pictures, and love that Daddy posed! Our Daddy has a fear of cameras sometimes too! LOL
Your house is wonderful all the time, but being that it is in the mountains at fall is even better!
Post a Comment