Sunday, October 4, 2009

HELLO...WINTER?

About a week ago, the weather finally made a real dip down into more fall-like temperatures. I was thrilled to check out the local forecast online and see that we were supposed to get some rain with the highs being somewhere in the 50's and 60's. Little did I expect to look in my backyard around lunchtime on the 30th of September and see this:



Granted, there wasn't much snow and while a bit more of the white stuff did fall that afternoon and night, it wasn't nearly as bad as the 11th of October last year when we woke up to this:


I guess that when I think about it, this happens every year. We get an unexpected early snow whether it's a dusting like it was this last week or a real dumper like last year. But it still seems a bit early for snow. I'd like some good old fashioned colorful autumn before getting stuck inside for the winter.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I echo your sentiments. I'd like a good fall season before it turns to cold to step foot outside!

katie j said...

you got a trampoline! when hudson was jumping on our with rachie and soren he had such a blast. it truly is the best "toy" i've ever gotten my children - myself really :) xoxo